Arunachal reports record Covid-19 spike, imposes lockdown in East Siang
Arunachal Pradesh reported 107 fresh coronavirus cases on Friday, taking the Indian state's overall tally up to 1,591.
Arunachal Pradesh witnessed its highest single-day spike in Covid-19 cases on Friday after 107 new patients tested positive for the coronavirus, as the state saw its case load soar up to 1,591, according to data provided by its health department.
Out of the 107 new cases, 22 we reported from Itanagar Capital Complex, where a lockdown has been imposed until 3 August, while 38 were from Changlang, 12 from East Kameng, 14 from East Siang, one from Lohit, four in Longding, one in Lower Dibang Valley, one in Lower Siang, one in Tirap, 11 in Namsai, one in Papumpare, and one in West Kameng.
In response to the unprecedented spike, the East Siang District Administration has imposed a seven-day lockdown between 1 and 7 August in Pasighat township and its rural peripheries, Ruksin Sub-Division and Sille-Oyan circle.
During lockdown, inter-state movement will be prohibited except for emergency cases. All shops and markets will be closed except for those providing essential goods, and the movement of individuals and vehicles will also be banned except in cases of emergencies.
Essential services including medical facilities, banks and ATMs are permitted to operate. Domestic flights will be suspended during the lockdown period, and all social, political, academic, cultural, religious, sports and entertainment gatherings will be banned, while funerals can only be attended by 20 people.
In addition, excluding the DC Office, police, healthcare facilities, courts, fire and other essential departments, all state services will be subject to the "work from home" rule.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms