Manchester United: Chong joins Werder Bremen on loan
Tahith Chong's development will continue in the Bundesliga as he has been sent to Werder Bremen on a season-long loan deal.
Manchester United youngster Tahith Chong has joined Bundesliga side Werder Bremen on loan for the 2020-21 season. The 20-year-old winger, who joined United's academy from Feyenoord in 2016, has a promising future ahead of him but has yet to establish himself in the first team.
When Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was hired – initially on an interim basis – in December 2018, Chong was seen as one of the young players most likely to make the step up to the senior side as a regular. However, he has made only 16 appearances in all competitions and has yet to feature from the start in the Premier League.
Chong commits to United
Chong signed a new contract in March to keep him at the club until 2022, with the option to extend his stay for a further year. His loan to Werder should finally give him the opportunity to play regular first-team football and at top-flight level.
Werder preserved their status as a Bundesliga club in the relegation/promotion play-off against Heidenheim last month.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash