Free transfer Asamoah Gyan chased by Premier League clubs
The player's agent revealed that three Ghanaian clubs including Asante Kotoko have approached to get the player's services.
Asamoah Gyan's agent Samuel Addo revealed that three Ghanaian clubs competing in the country's Premier League are interested in signing the veteran striker confirming that one of these clubs is Asante Kotoko; a club with a glorious history in Africa.
Asamoah Gyan: in demand and free
Gyan has been without a club since his contract with NorthEast United came to an end earlier this year as he is looking forward to reviving his career back in his homeland.
Addo stated that Asante are now favourites to secure the 34-year-old's signature, especially with the player himself interested in joining the club.
“Three top Ghanaian clubs and three clubs from outside have approached Asamoah Gyan for his services,” Addo said.
"Kumasi Asante Kotoko is one of the three clubs, but we are yet to get to the decision level as to whether he will play or not,” he added.
Asamoah Gyan is the former captain of the Ghanaian national team, he has made 106 international appearances scoring 51 goals in addition to participating in three World Cups before he decided to retire from international football at the age of 33.
Gyan also played for a handful of teams around the world including Udinese in Seria A, Rennes in Ligue 1, Sunderland in England, Al–Ain in UAE, Chinese club Shanghai SIPG, Turkish side Kayserispor, and finally, Indian Northeast United was his final station.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys