Interpol is looking for Billy Álvarez in 195 countries
Former Cruz Azul president Billy Álvarez had to step down because of the allegations of organized crime and money laundering after 32 years in charge.
Guillermo Álvarez is on the run from the law and now Interpol has emitted a statement that they are looking for the former Cruz Azul president in 195 countries. Álvarez is being accused of organized crime and money laundering and that is why he had to resign as president of Cruz Azul after 32 years at the helm.
According to Milenio, Mexican authorities had asked Interpol to help them find Billy Álvarez who has not been seen since the accusations were made against him in early July. There are other names on the ‘most wanted’ list that used to work with Álvarez during his time in Cruz Azul.
⚠️⚠️ATENCIÓN⚠️⚠️— AS México (@ASMexico) August 21, 2020
Interpol emitió una ficha roja contra Billy Álvarez, ex presidente de la Cooperativa La Cruz Azul, por lo que es buscado en 195 países por delincuencia organizada y operaciones con recursos de procedencia ilícita pic.twitter.com/UX9f6evw4i
Red card against other members
On Thursday, Interpol also issued statements on other members involved with Billy Álvarez, who is expected to receive a sentence of 20 to 40 years in prison for the charges against him. The other names on the list who are facing charges are Víctor Garcés and Edusrdo Borrell Rodríguez, who where involved in the operations.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth