Interpol is looking for Billy Álvarez in 195 countries
Former Cruz Azul president Billy Álvarez had to step down because of the allegations of organized crime and money laundering after 32 years in charge.
Guillermo Álvarez is on the run from the law and now Interpol has emitted a statement that they are looking for the former Cruz Azul president in 195 countries. Álvarez is being accused of organized crime and money laundering and that is why he had to resign as president of Cruz Azul after 32 years at the helm.
According to Milenio, Mexican authorities had asked Interpol to help them find Billy Álvarez who has not been seen since the accusations were made against him in early July. There are other names on the ‘most wanted’ list that used to work with Álvarez during his time in Cruz Azul.
⚠️⚠️ATENCIÓN⚠️⚠️— AS México (@ASMexico) August 21, 2020
Interpol emitió una ficha roja contra Billy Álvarez, ex presidente de la Cooperativa La Cruz Azul, por lo que es buscado en 195 países por delincuencia organizada y operaciones con recursos de procedencia ilícita pic.twitter.com/UX9f6evw4i
Red card against other members
On Thursday, Interpol also issued statements on other members involved with Billy Álvarez, who is expected to receive a sentence of 20 to 40 years in prison for the charges against him. The other names on the list who are facing charges are Víctor Garcés and Edusrdo Borrell Rodríguez, who where involved in the operations.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill