Juventus: Andrea Pirlo recruits Igor Tudor as assistant coach
Andrea Pirlo will be assisted by former Udinese boss Igor Tudor when he launches his career as head coach of Juventus next season.
Igor Tudor has left his position as Hajduk Split coach to start work as assistant to Andrea Pirlo at Juventus, the Croatian club announced on Friday. Despite not playing alongside one another during their respective playing stints at Juve, Tudor and Pirlo will join forces in the dugout at the Allianz Stadium. Former defender Tudor, 42, has previous coaching experience in Serie A, having led Udinese in two separate spells before returning to Hajduk this year.
Hajduk wish Tudor well
A statement released by Hajduk read: "Igor Tudor is no longer the coach of Hajduk after he decided to accept the offer of new Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo to join him in Italy as an assistant. We wish coach Tudor a lot of luck and success in his future career."
Pirlo was a surprise appointment after Serie A champions Juve dispensed with Maurizio Sarri following their recent Champions League elimination at the hands of Olympique Lyon.
Recommended in English
- NFL What American football team does Joe Biden support?
- PEARL HARBOR Pearl Harbor 80th anniversary facts: how many planes attacked, how many people died…
- MOVIES 8 movies based on the Attack on Pearl Harbor
- NFL LA Chargers' WR Keenan Allen sidelined by covid-19
- NFL 2021/2022 NFL week 13: Which teams favourite to reach the playoffs at the moment?
- NFL Packers backup QB Jordan Love placed on covid-19 list