Bounou, En-Nesyri write history by winning Europa League
The two Sevilla players have written their names in history as the first Moroccans to win the Europa League title.
Goalkeeper Yassine Bounou along with forward Youssef En-Nesyri made history by winning the UEFA Europa League title with Sevilla in a thrilling 3-2 win over Inter Milan to secure a champions league berth for Julen Lopetegui's side next season.
Bounou and En-Nesyri have become the first Moroccans to win the Europa League title, in which Sevilla eliminated heavyweight rivals including Manchester United, AS Roma, and Inter Milan in Friday's final.
Bounou the hero
Yassine Bounou can be considered one of the primary reasons for Sevilla securing the title with a string of decisive saves throughout the competition. Bounou played 10 matches with six clean sheets and only six goals conceded.
Bounou told reporters following the historic win: " I am very happy for us to be the champions. We had a very good campaign and I think the win was well-deserved today. Sevilla always shows their strength in Europa League and today we could prove that".
The Moroccan took the opportunity to laud their two champions for their unprecedented achievement. The "Elbotola" website suggested that the magnificent save Bounou made when he went head to head with Romelu Lukaku at the beginning of the second half was a crucial turning point that paved the way ahead of Sevilla to snatch the win.
The "Elmountakhab" website led with: "Europa League title made in Morocco" to highlight the important role the two players had in Sevilla securing the title.
Bounou and En-Nesyri are the first Moroccans to win the Europa League but they are not the first to win a European title overall as Achraf Hakimi won the Champions League with Real Madrid in 2017-18.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?