Everton poised to pounce for Atlético's Santiago Arias
Ancelotti's Everton appears to be the next destination for the defender, valued at 15 million euros. Kieran Trippier is Simeone's first choice at right-back.
Santiago Arias looks to be the main candidate to leave Atlético this summer. The Rojiblancos already have two players for the right-back position - Kieran Trippier and Sime Vrsaljko. That's one too many for Diego Simeone and the Colombian, who is third in the pecking order, will probably be moving on. First Atleti will have to find him a new club. Simeone is happy with how all three of his right-back have performed, although Trippier is his first choice. Vrsaljko has spent time out injured but will be back for the pre-season and available for the start of the new campaign - and for Croatia's Nations League matches in October.
Everton keen on Arias
Arias has numerous admirers outside of Spain. It looks like Everton could be the Colombian's destination - Atleti have priced the defender at 15 million euros - a fee which would boost the club's coffers. In England, it's taken as read that the 28-year-old defender will spend next season playing in the Premier League.
Over on the other wing, El Cholo only has Renan Lodi to fill the left-back position although Caio Henrique is an option to cover if need be. In central defence Mario Hermoso, one of the players who featured the least under Simeone last season, could also be making his way out of the club in the coming weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift