Ronaldo says it's clear why he'd choose Mbappé over Neymar
El Fenómeno spoke at a Champions League Final preview event in which he assessed Barcelona's Messi issue, and looked at his compatriot's goal challenge.
Brazilian legend Ronaldo took questions at an event organised by Banco Santander, one that Figo and Rui Costa were also present, ahead of the Champions League final in Lisbon. Here’s a quick summary of some of his responses…
Ronaldo points to Mbappé over Neymar for Madrid
On not having won the Champions League: "Unfortunately, it is the only cup that is missing in my trophy cabinet. But, although I haven’t won it, I have enjoyed it. I have played many games and I have scored many goals."
On Neymar’s lack of goals: "It is true that he has played very well in the last few games, especially in this final phase in Portugal, where he has created many chances. But he has lacked a bit of composure when finishing. He has goals in him, he has scored many, they come easy to him. With a bit of luck, in the final he will find that again. He has not forgotten how.”
On his final prediction: "This final format has had many surprises. The teams with fewer chances have been able to win. Those in the final have deserved it, although they have had some scares, but it is a true Champions League final. Let's hope for a tremendous end."
On Luis Suárez: "He is still one of the best number 9s today, along with Lewandowski and Benzema, who is another one that I love. I am convinced that he still has many years in him representing this much loved position."
On Messi situation: "It is very unlikely that he will be able to leave Barcelona, especially in these moments when there is a crisis. If I were Barça, I would not let him leave in any situation.”
On his previous comment that he would sign Mbappé before Neymar if Real Madrid president: "I still think that. It is not that one is better than the other, but if you have to make an investment of so much money then you have to think about the future. One is 28, the other 21, and that's why it is a much clearer investment. It would make a lot more sense."
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August