Egypt: museums and historic places to re-open in September
The ministry of tourism and antiquities declared that museums and historic places are to re-open as of the beginning of September according to the rules and regulations approved by the ministry.
The Egyptian tourism and antiquities announced on Monday the return of tourism-related activities on 1 September as museums and historic tourist attractions are set to re-open on the conditions that the whole will be subject to health protocols and appropriate safety measures, to fight the Coronavirus pandemic.
According to the newly-stipulated rules precautionary measures should be considered, while tourism buses' capacity won't exceed 50%, and this applies to all activities related to cultural tourism, besides a group of tourists should not consist of more than 25 individuals inside museums and historic tourist attractions.
Follow all the latest coronavirus-related news in Africa via our dedicated live blog.
Furthermore, all tour guides should keep the face masks on at all times while headphones will be used for explanation and will be sanitized after each usage. Surfaces and floors of the museums have to be sanitized and disinfected every day prior to opening.
The regulations also include abiding by social distancing protocol and checking the body temperature of staff and visitors. The maximum number of visitors in closed museums and attractions will be limited to 200 visitors per hour for the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir and 100 visitors per hour for other museums, while 10-15 visitors will be allowed inside pyramids and tombs based on their size.
The government has also extended its initiative of providing tourists with discounted tickets at all museums in South Egypt till 31 October as they will only pay 5% of the actual ticket price.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?