UAE demands double PCR tests for some arrivals into Dubai
UAE issued new rules obliging passengers arriving from certain destinations to undergo PCR testing twice for the novel coronavirus.
In its bid to eliminate the spread of Covid-19 across the country, UAE issued new rules to be applied at Dubai airports for passengers arriving from certain countries, with a requirement for those passengers to be tested twice for Covid-19 using the PCR test, starting on 1 August.
In addition to the mandatory PCR testing passengers will undergo after landing in Dubai, passengers will need to hold a negative Covid-19 test certificate issued by the country they are arriving from.
The list of countries includes:
Some airports in the United States
UAE fighting coronavirus
According to the statement released by Emirates airline and Dubai airports “all passengers traveling to Dubai, including UAE citizens and residents, tourists, and passengers connecting in Dubai, must have a negative Covid-19 PCR test certificate from August 1.”
“The test must be taken a maximum of 96 hours before departure. This excludes children under the age of 12 years and passengers who have a moderate or severe disability, the test must be taken a maximum of 96 hours before you depart. This also applies if you have traveled from these points to another destination and connected to an Emirates flight to Dubai."
The statement also said that the UAE government could assign certain laboratories in these countries where tests can be conducted and that passengers must have a printed copy of the test as digital ones won't be accepted.
UAE has reported 59,177 Covid-19 confirmed cases so far, with 52,510 patients having recovered and other 345 having succumbed to the virus.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star: Best images from the Slam Dunk Contest
- USMNT Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane on par with Henry, Liverpool worst champions ever? Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético attack Real Madrid: "They even criticise correct decisions..."
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Juve must be patient against Porto, says Pirlo
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: what's the last step after relief bill passed by Senate?