Real Madrid: Borja Mayoral to Valencia... if Rodrigo leaves
Mayoral is Valencia's first choice although they face competition from Lazio and Fiorentina. Leeds officials are in Valencia to negotiate terms for Rodrigo.
Valencia are insisting in their pursuit of Borja Mayoral. Talks for the Real Madrid striker have intensified during the past few days, culminating with a meeting between the player's agent and club officials yesterday. No agreement has been reached yet; the only progress was the condition that for Mayoral to arrive, Rodrigo Moreno must leave. From an economic and sporting point of view, that would the only way Valencia could finance the operation.
Mayoral has returned to Madrid after a positive season out on loan at Levante and his contract expires in June 2021. He is open to returning to the east coast but before that can happen, the clubs must first reach an agreement on the terms of his transfer. Madrid have priced him at 15 million euros and want to retain 50% of his economic rights while Valencia would prefer a 70% ownership arrangement.
Leeds in Valencia for Rodrigo
Meanwhile, Leeds United controlling shareholder Andrea Radrizzani and Director of Football Victor Orta are in Valencia to negotiate with Anil Murthy for Rodrigo. Like with Mayoral's case, no middle ground has been reached for a deal to go through although Valencia know that they will not receive a fee anywhere near the 55 million euros which Atlético tabled for the player this time last year. The club, who need to sell Rodrigo and possibly Jasper Cillessen and Jose Luis Gayà as well, would be willing to let the Spain striker go for a fee somewhere around the 40 million euro mark.
With Rodrigo on his way out of Mestalla, Maxi Gómez and Borja will be Javi Gracia's first choice forwards in a restructured side - whether Mayoral ends up joining or not. Mayoral also has offers from Lazio and Fiorentina but would prefer to remain in Spain and Valencia is his first option. Lazio's initial offer of 15 million euros for the striker was turned down by Florentino Pérez.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: are current vaccines effective against the Californian strain?
- Coronavirus Can unemployed Americans who refuse a job apply for unemployment benefits?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- US POLITICS Will Mitch McConnell support Trump's possible candidacy in 2024?