Stimulus money: 50,000 IRS checks - who will receive them?
The Internal Revenue Service confirmed that they will be sending 50,000 stimulus checks in September after an error in the rush to issue them in mid-April.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will be sending out 50,000 stimulus checks after they admitted that they made an error rushing them out after the CARES Act was approved at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic. As soon as President Donald Trump signed the bill, the IRS started sending millions of checks as early as 15 April.
The new checks will be sent out as early as next month as part of the “catch-up” Economic Impact Payment (EIP). One reason why some people who qualified for the first round of stimulus checks and didn’t get them was due to child support owed by their spouse.
Popular Related Articles:
Statement from the IRS regarding the matter
A statement was issued on the situation:
“The IRS is aware that in some instances a portion of the payment sent to a spouse who filed an injured spouse claim with his or her 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if no 2019 tax return has been filed) has been offset by the non-injured spouse’s past-due child support.
"The IRS is working with the Bureau of Fiscal Service and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Child Support Enforcement, to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.”
Now that the issue has been resolved, the IRS has communicated that the payments will be sent in mid-September and will only be mailed to those who filed the Form 8379. This form notifies the IRS not to withhold money from the “injured spouse” just because their husband or wife has an outstanding obligation.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Has Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...