Stimulus money: 50,000 IRS checks - who will receive them?
The Internal Revenue Service confirmed that they will be sending 50,000 stimulus checks in September after an error in the rush to issue them in mid-April.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will be sending out 50,000 stimulus checks after they admitted that they made an error rushing them out after the CARES Act was approved at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic. As soon as President Donald Trump signed the bill, the IRS started sending millions of checks as early as 15 April.
The new checks will be sent out as early as next month as part of the “catch-up” Economic Impact Payment (EIP). One reason why some people who qualified for the first round of stimulus checks and didn’t get them was due to child support owed by their spouse.
Popular Related Articles:
Statement from the IRS regarding the matter
A statement was issued on the situation:
“The IRS is aware that in some instances a portion of the payment sent to a spouse who filed an injured spouse claim with his or her 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if no 2019 tax return has been filed) has been offset by the non-injured spouse’s past-due child support.
"The IRS is working with the Bureau of Fiscal Service and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Child Support Enforcement, to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.”
Now that the issue has been resolved, the IRS has communicated that the payments will be sent in mid-September and will only be mailed to those who filed the Form 8379. This form notifies the IRS not to withhold money from the “injured spouse” just because their husband or wife has an outstanding obligation.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises