Stimulus check: what is #OccupyCongress?
There's a growing feeling of desperation from Americans around the country who have seen their politicians fail them at their time of financial need, so action is being taken.
The days continue to pass by and the uncertainty grows within many Americans, especially those struggling with financial challenges amid the coronavirus pandemic. Questions remain if there be a second economic stimulus check but hope and patience are beginning to run out.
Faced with the inability of Democrats, Republicans and the White House to find a suitable compromise for a further relief package, everyday people have exploded on social media, and created a new hashtag to show their dissatisfaction with the current members of the House of Representatives and the Senate.
Popular related articles:
- Second stimulus check: who's to blame for lack of payments?
- USPS stand-off threatens delivery of stimulus package
- What is a tax refund interest check and when will I get it?
- Joe Biden economic plan: stimulus check, unemployment benefits and more
- Stimulus check: why could I receive it later than others?
- White House pushes 'skinny' Covid-19 stimulus bill
What is the #OccupyCongress?
People started using the #OccupyCongress hashtag to show that they want new people to refresh the United States Congress, a rallying cry from across the political spectrum to demand action from those elected to represent them and their best interests. The idea is for those officials to step up and do their job and if not, they can expect to be voted out in the upcoming elections.
We’re in a crisis.— Rose Movement🌹 (@Rosemvmt) August 21, 2020
📌175K Americans have died from COVID.
📌40M Americans are facing eviction.
📌120K Americans have been displaced due to the wildfires.
Yet, Congress has gone on vacation and refuses to support M4A, rent cancellation & the GND.
It’s time we #OccupyCongress pic.twitter.com/jbL3sSME0w
The movement is using social media platforms as well as emails, phonecalls and other communication tools to highlight their dissatisfaction. Many have pointed to the steps being taken in other countries to help those suffering financially. Many Americans have been hit hard, and now those that can are fighting back before hope has completely evaporated.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, stimulus calculator | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what is the Californian strain; is it more dangerous and contagious?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how you might save $3,100 in taxes with the new payment?
- US News Why has Biden rescinded the Trump’s apprenticeship program?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: can the payment be approved in the House vote on Friday?
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play February: times, stream and how to watch for new PS4 & PS5 games