Paul Pogba tests positive for Covid-19, omitted from France squad
Pogba will miss next month's Nations League matches against Sweden and Croatia after testing positive for Covid-19. Camavinga has been called in his place.
Paul Pogba has been left out of the France squad for next month's Nations League matches after testing positive for Covid-19, manager Didier Deschamps confirmed on Thursday. Rennes midfielder Eduardo Camavinga was called up as a late replacement for the Manchester United midfielder.
"I had to make a last-minute change to this list because Paul Pogba was planned to be in this list," Deschamps told reporters. "But unfortunately for him, he took a test (for Covid-19) yesterday which turned out to be positive today, so at the last minute he was replaced by Eduardo Camavinga."
France are set to visit Sweden on 5 September and play host to Croatia three days later.
Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris, Mike Maignan, Steve Mandanda
Defenders: Lucas Digne, Leo Dubois, Lucas Hernández, Presnel Kimpembe, Clément Lenglet, Férland Mendy, Dayot Upamecano, Raphaël Varane
Midfielders: Eduardo Camavinga, N'Golo Kanté, Steven Nzonzi, Adrien Rabiot, Moussa Sissoko
Forwards: Houssem Aouar, Wissam Ben Yedder, Olivier Giroud, Antoine Griezmann, Jonathan Ikone, Anthony Martial, Kylian Mbappé.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos vs Cleveland Browns live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries