Trump: NBA has become a 'political organisation'
"They've become a political organisation and that's not a good thing for sports or the country." United States President Donald Trump said.
United States president Donald Trump labelled the NBA a "political organisation" amid protests against racial injustice.
Asked for his reaction to the protest, Trump accused the NBA of turning into a political body.
Trump: "I know their ratings have been very bad"
"I don't know about the NBA protest. I know their ratings have been very bad because I think people are tired of the NBA frankly," he told reporters.
"But I don't know too much about the protest, but I know their ratings have been very bad and that's unfortunate.
"They've become a political organisation and that's not a good thing for sports or the country."
While games have been postponed, the NBA playoffs are expected to resume in the coming days.
Recommended in English
- NFL Chicago Bears pinpoint Eberflus as Nagy successor
- NFL Could Aaron Rodgers follow Nathaniel Hackett to Broncos?
- NFL Which NFL team has reached the Conference Finals the most in history? Full list
- BARCELONA Who will Barcelona sign before the end of the January transfer window?
- TRANSFER MARKET Real Madrid: Palmeiras to slap €100m price tag on Brazil wonderkid Endrick
- SERIE A Vlahovic tipped to fill Cristiano Ronaldo's boots at Juventus