Stimulus check: what's included in the $ 1.3 trillion coronavirus aid package
White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, reported on Friday that President Trump is willing to sign the $1.3 trillion stimulus relief package.
President Donald Trump is willing to sign a $1.3 trillion stimulus bill into law, as Republicans and Democrats remain at odds over an agreement on a coronavirus relief package.
White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows confirmed on Friday that the President has given the green light to the bill, which is $300 billion more than the $1 trillion spend outlined in the Republican's HEALS Act.
There have been ongoing negotiations involving Meadows, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnunchin and Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer. After the proposal for the $1.3 trillion stimulus relief package was announced, Pelosi, whose party wants to spend $3 trillion dollar as outlined in their HEROES Act, said that the total was not enough.
Negotiations moving forward
Republicans want to be involved in every major piece of this new stimulus relief package. This is why in this bill they want to negotiate unemployment benefits, as well as state and local government funding. Democrats, on the other hand, want to focus on the amount the bill is going to be worth and then figure out the details.
Related popular articles:
- Stimulus Checks: what has been agreed and what remains to be resolved for a second payment?
- Pelosi: "We will not nickel and dime" the US public
- Stimulus check: when could the IRS send me more money?
- Stimulus money: 50,000 IRS checks - who will receive them?
- US Elections 2020: when does early voting start in each state?
Unemployments boost but no stimulus checks under Trump bill
Trump's bill would include a federal unemployment boost of $300 per week on top of state benefits, provisions for small business loans and more money for coronavirus testing.
There would also be school funding and $100 billion for the US Postal Service, but the package would not include another round $1,200 stimulus payments.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night