PSG fear Neymar and Keylor Navas have coronavirus
Paris Saint-Germain confirmed that Angel Di Maria and Leo Paredes tested positive for Covid-19 and fear that more players might have the virus.
On Monday 31 August, Paris Saint-Germain confirmed that Angel Di Maria and Leo Paredes tested positive for coronavirus and are currently isolation.
Both players had gone on vacation to the Spanish island of Ibiza, following PSG's loss to Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League final.
On Wednesday the club confirmed that three players had tested positive, with L'Equipe reporting that Neymar is one of them.
PSG worried about more cases
Two Paris Saint-Germain players are suspected of being infected with Covid-19.— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) August 31, 2020
The state of their health is very reassuring.
They have already been subjected to the appropriate health protocols.
The problem is that the players who tested positive didn’t travel alone. Di Maria, Leo Paredes and Neymar were also vacationing with their teammates Ander Herrera, Mauro Icardi, and Keylor Navas. PSG is worried that more players will test positive for Covid-19.
According to ESPN reporter Julien Laurens, the next player most likely to test positive for coronavirus is striker Mauro Icardi but PSG has not confirmed the news. Currently the club is waiting to receive the tests from all the players that traveled to Spain ahead of the start of the new season.
PSG could ask to postpone its game against Lens scheduled for 10 September if more cases are confirmed because the French Federations has established a law that stipulates that if a team has more than four players with coronavirus, they should have their match suspended.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS $600 Golden State Stimulus check: how to track your payment
- US NEWS $3,600 stimulus check per child: will there be IRS monthly payments in the summer?
- SUPERLEAGUE | BARCELONA Barcelona president Joan Laporta breaks silence: "The Super League is absolutely necessary"
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE Ancelotti on European Super League: "My reaction was they are joking, this is a joke!"
- Lingard contemplated break over mental health concerns