UAE official denies the existence of a Covid-19 second wave
An official at the ministry of health in UAE denied a second wave of Covid-19 affirming that ignoring safety measures is behind spread of the infection.
Dr. Adel Al-Sagwany, a family medicine specialist at the UAE Ministry of Health and a member of the team responsible for raising awareness about the Covid-19 virus, has denied the existence of a so-called "second wave" of Covid-19. Dr. Al-Sagwany expressed his belief that the reason for the recent surge in new cases following an earlier decrease was the result of non-adherence to preventive measures and precautionary procedures.
He added that second waves of infection usually happen due to genetic mutations and developments of the virus, which is not the case with Covid-19 so far. Dr Al-Sagwany said that should that happen, the situation would be considerably worse than it has been during the first wave.
Health and safety measures key to curbing Covid-19
Dr. Al-Sagwany also emphasized the importance of following health and safety measures to curb the further spread of the infection amid the recent re-opening of many public spaces and the resumption of different economic and industrial activities.
The UAE Ministry of Health conducted 82,763 Covid-19 tests on Monday and reported 541 new infections, taking the total caseload up 70,231; 331 new recoveries were reported as the total number increased to 60,931.
Two new deaths have also been reported increasing the Covid-19 death toll in the country up to 384.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys