Neymar tests negative for Covid ahead of PSG-Marseille clash
Paris Saint-Germain could welcome back Neymar for their Ligue 1 clash with Marseille as the forward has tested negative for coronavirus.
Neymar confirmed he has tested negative for coronavirus and has been given the all-clear to resume training with Paris Saint-Germain ahead of Sunday's Ligue 1 clash with Marseille.
The Brazil international was one of seven players ruled out of PSG's 1-0 loss to Lens in their opening game of the season on Thursday after contracting Covid-19.
However, head coach Thomas Tuchel was hopeful of welcoming back at least a few of his quarantined players for this weekend's Classique with Marseille.
Former Barcelona forward Neymar is among those now back in contention after completing a period of self-isolation and being given the go-ahead to link up with his team-mates.
"I went back to training, super happy #CORONAOUT," Neymar posted on Twitter on Friday, accompanied by a 'zany face' emoji.
Voltei aos treinos, super feliz ... O PAI TA ON#CORONAOUT— Neymar Jr (@neymarjr) September 11, 2020
An error from third-choice goalkeeper Marcin Bulka gifted what proved to be the winning goal to Ignatius Ganago in PSG's loss to Lens at Stade Bollaert-Delelis.
The reigning champions were also without Kylian Mbappe, Angel Di Maria, Leandro Paredes, Mauro Icardi, Marquinhos and Keylor Navas for the match.
Asked about the possibility of welcoming back those players against Marseille, Tuchel said: "If possible, a few players could play.
"But if they play, they would only have a leg work-out before then. If Neymar, Di Maria play, yes, but they would play after two weeks without training too.
"Physically, I can't wait for them to be the decisive guys. It's always risky. We have to talk with the players, the doctors too."
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots