Lucas Hernández fed up with his situation at Bayern Munich
The France international is looking to turn his situation around after a complicated season at Bayern Munich.
Lucas Hernández is not happy with his situation at Bayern Munich. The defender, a World Cup winner with France, signed for the German club in 2019 for 80 million euros, a Bundesliga record and beating Bayern's previous transfer record - the 43 million euros they paid Wolfsburg for Julian Draxler. Despite his high transfer fee, the defender hasn't met the expectations placed on him.
He started out as a regular in the starting line-up but a knee ligament injury meant his missed 10 league games and once he has recovered and was available again, he hardly figured under Hansi Flick, mostly coming off the bench when he did play. In total, he racked up 1,119 minutes of playing time in 25 games.
It's a situation which he isn't thrilled about, as he admitted when asked about his future plans by French sports programme Téléfoot. "I still have four years left on my contract with Bayern, but if everything continues to be so complicated we'll see". The former Atlético Madrid player made it clear that he will look to move somewhere else if his situation doesn't improve.
Lucas Hernández has shown himself to be a central defender who can compete at the top level but with David Alaba having switched to the centre coupled with the emergence of Alphonso Davies at left-back, he has found himself battling for the last available place with Jérôme Boateng and Niklas Süle. It is a puzzle which Flick must resolve this season - while knowing that the most expensive signing in Bundesliga history isn't prepared to tolerate much more of the situation the way things are.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?