América vs Chivas: All you need to know ahead of 'El Clásico Nacional'
Club América has dominated Chivas in recent meetings of El Clásico Nacional, especially when Mexico’s biggest football rivalry is played at the Azteca stadium.
Chivas visits Club América tonight at the Azteca stadium for another edition of El Clásico Nacional, Mexico’s biggest football rivalry.
América's domination in El Clásico Nacional
In the last five meetings between the sides, América has defeated Chivas on three occasions and drawn twice. The team managed by Miguel Herrera is currently in fourth place of the 2020 Guardianes tournament and the fans have criticized their style of playing this season.
Even with all the criticism, América is winning games and that is what matters to Herrera at the moment. Prior to facing Chivas they have not lost in their last four matches picking up 12 points from 12. On the other hand, Chivas has not yet lost a game in their previous four matches, but they have collected 8 points from 12.
The team from Guadalajara is currently in sixth place of the 2020 Guardianes tournament and a victory tonight at the Azteca stadium could take them closer to the top four. Chivas currently has one of the best players of the tournament, Alexis Vega, who has been involved in four of the side's last five goals.
The Mexican striker has three assists and one goal, but América is an offensive machine and they are going to be tough to stop. The home team arrives into this fixture with a total of 140 shots on target this tournament and 21 goals scored in 10 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live