Luis Suárez agrees to Atletico move, Morata back to Juventus
According to several reports, the Barcelona forward has agreed to terminate his contract and will join Atlético with Morata moving back to Turin on loan.
Barcelona forward Luis Suárez has rescinded his contract at Camp Nou and verbally agreed to join Atlético Madrid, according to several reports. Catalan media outlet Mundo Deportivo and national broadcaster Deportes Cuatro both state that Suárez has come to an arrangement with Barcelona to allow him to leave on a free transfer and has come to the decision to join Diego Simeone at the Metropolitano. Separately, Atlético are trying to arrange a loan deal for Álvaro Morata to return to Juventus after the Serie A giants ruled out a move for Suárez.
Luis Suárez offered two-year Atlético contract
Atlético have reportedly offered the Uruguay forward a two-year contract to lure him to the capital after Ronald Koeman made it clear he is not part of his plans at Barcelona this season.
AS understands that Atlético are working on three scenarios: the arrival of Suárez and the departure of either Morata or Diego Costa. The most likely option as it stands is that Morata will return to Juventus, who are combing the market for a striker and would probably be keen on a loan for their former player.
Sky Sports Italia have suggested Juventus will be asked to hand over a €10m loan fee for Morata with an option to buy the Spain forward for €45m. At the moment, Atlético have received no firm offers for Costa.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2