Inzaghi talks up 'quality' Pereira as Man Utd midfielder nears Lazio move
Andreas Pereira could arrive in Italy in the coming days to pass a medical with Lazio, who are keen to bring him to Rome.
Lazio head coach Simone Inzaghi hailed Andreas Pereira as a "quality" player as the Manchester United midfielder nears a move to Serie A.
Reports in Italy have suggested Lazio will look to sign Pereira on loan with an option to buy, having missed out on the chance to bring in David Silva.
Pereira, who has been at United since the age of 15, has fallen down the pecking order under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the arrival of Donny van de Beek is likely to limit his first-team chances further.
It looks likely Pereira will undergo a medical in the coming days ahead of a move to the Stadio Olimpico, and Inzaghi seems excited by the prospect of his arrival.
Inzaghi on Pereira
"I know him, he's a quality player who could help us a lot," Inzaghi said on Monday, according to Tuttomercatoweb.
"Right now, I don't want to talk about players who are not ours. We're fortunate to have [sporting director Igli] Tare, who knows how to do things. We'll see if he gets it done or not."
Pereira made 40 appearances in all competitions last season, scoring two goals, but he struggled to make a consistent impact under Solskjaer.
The 24-year-old has started only four Premier League games in 2020 and just one of those, a 4-0 defeat of Norwich City in January, ended in a victory for United.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi's numbers at Barcelona: appearances, goals, trophies...
- BARCELONA Messi leaves Barcelona, live updates: reactions, possible new club, details
- OLYMPIC GAMES | RACE WALKING Race walking at Tokyo Olympics 2021: rules, distances and courses
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Doncic explains assist-heavy display in France defeat
- OLYMPIC GAMES Gardiner takes 400m crown as Crouser defends his title
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a marathon? How far is it in miles?