Serie A side Genoa confirm 14 positive cases of coronavirus
Fourteen players and staff at Genoa have tested positive for COVID-19, the Serie A club have said.
Serie A side Genoa have announced 14 people at the club have returned positive tests for coronavirus.
The cases, from among the playing squad and other staff, were confirmed following the 6-0 league defeat to Napoli on Sunday.
"The club has activated all the procedures as per the protocol and informed the authorities. The club will give updates as the situation evolves," Genoa said in a statement on Monday.
OFFICIAL: Genoa announce that 14 of their first-team players and staff have tested positive for COVID-19 after their Serie A match vs. Napoli on Sunday pic.twitter.com/rA1qbW0nIz— B/R Football (@brfootball) September 28, 2020
This news means Saturday's scheduled game against Torino could now be in doubt.
It also means Napoli will likely need to carry out tests of their squad before Sunday's clash with champions Juventus.
Sampdoria also confirmed on Monday that forward Keita Balde had tested positive for Covid-19 and will now follow the necessary health protocols.
The player is due to join Sampdoria from Monaco this week on loan.
Recommended in English
- NFL Wide receiver to wide back, the evolution being driven by the 49ers Deebo Samuel
- NFL Playoff Power Rankings: Packers, Rams, Chiefs | NFL Playoffs
- NFL NFL Wild Card Review: Games, Conclusions and Reflections
- AFCON Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria: AFCON, times, TV and how to watch online
- AFCON AFCON Group D matchday preview: Egypt vs Sudan and Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria
- Middleton admits Bucks need a Holiday from sorry slide as Grizzlies come into view