Torreira travels to Madrid to sign for Atlético
AS understand that the midfielder will travel to Madrid this Friday or early on Saturday. He will undergo his medical before heading on international duty with Uruguay.
Lucas Torreira will leave Arsenal to become an Atlético de Madrid. AS understand, the Uruguayan midfielder will travel to Madrid this Friday or early on Saturday to undergo a medical and sign for Los Rojiblancos. The idea is to leave finalise the deal before heading on international duty with Uruguay.
The details of the operation are still to be revealed, but Atlético's idea was to include a purchase option for the 24-year-old midfielder. Arsenal, meanwhile, expect to receive just over €20 million for the combative player, if not right now, next summer.
On the other hand, the signing arrival is conditioned by the departure of a player from the squad, as the LaLiga side look to get rid of midfielders Herrera and Lemar. Zenit have enquired about the Mexican. Atleti have until October 5 to sell, in order to generate much-needed funds.
Request from Cholo
The Arsenal midfielder will arrive on loan to reinforce the midfield. It is a request from Cholo Simeone, who considers that he needed another man to strengthen the midfield department. This arrival of Torreira could be the last of this transfer window.
Recommended in English
- NFL The Rams change ticket policy to restrict 49ers fans ahead of NFC Championship game
- NFL How did the Los Angeles Rams get their name? Origin and meaning
- NBA NBA round-up: Suns equal best-ever start, Garland matches LeBron in Cavs win
- NBA Lakers at Nets: times, TV and how to watch online, NBA 2021-22
- NBA NBA: Nets vs Lakers – injury news
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"