India's case tally crosses 6.7 million with 77% active in 10 states
72,049 new cases have been confirmed in India in the last 24 hours, while 986 people have succumbed to the infection over the same period.
The Indian ministry of health announced that 72,049 new Covid-19 cases have been reported across the country over the past 24 hours ending on Wednesday at 9 am. This takes the overall case tally to 6,757,132. Meanwhile, the country has witnessed 986 fresh Covid-19 related deaths as the toll rose to 104,555.
India presently has 907,883 active coronavirus cases which represents 13.44% of the total according to the data released by the health ministry as the country has maintained this number below a million for more than two weeks. The constantly declining fatality rate now stands at 1.55% while the recovery rate has climbed to 85.02%, 5,744,693 people having recovered from the virus so far.
10 states contain 77% of active cases
The health ministry also revealed that 10 states, including Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh, account for 77% of the active cases in the country, while 50% of the Covid-19 related deaths were focused in 25 districts in eight states with Maharashtra including 15 of these districts.
The central government has started a series of relaxations in restrictions following the strict lockdown that was imposed in March, as the country is set to commence the fifth phase of easing restrictions known as "Unlock 5" this month.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2