Dani Carvajal on the road to recovery
Real Madrid defender Dani Carvajal is recovering from knee ligament damage that has ruled him out of action for up to two months.
Just over a week after being ruled out of action through knee ligament damage, Dani Carvajal is showing signs of improvement. The defender posted pictures of himself on his social media accounts, playing video games with his injured right knee strapped up.
During the penultimate training session prior to Real Madrid's fixture against Levante, Carvajal suffered an injury to his medial collateral ligament in his right knee. “His recovery will continue to be assessed," Madrid said in a statement.
According to sources from Madrid, he could be out for approximately two months, which rules him out of this month's El Clásico on October 25 and the opening Champions League games. He may not return to Zinedine Zidane's side until the beginning of December.
Zidane's first choice right-back
But the club, Zidane and the medical staff have decided to adopt a conservative approach to the treatment. It is estimated that it can take between eight and nine weeks for the ligament to heal. The club do not want to take risks with a player, who last season, was the sixth Real Madrid player with the most minutes played in all competitions: 3,752 minutes. Only Casemiro (4,081 minutes), Benzema (3,981), Courtois (3,855), Varane (3,843) and Ramos (3,828) were ahead of him for time spent on the pitch.
This season he had already featured in three league matches that had taken place before he got injured. He started against Real Sociedad and against Real Betis. In the third match against Real Valladolid, he replaced Odriozola in the 57th minute. The 28-year-old is mister consistent and only missed out on one match last season due to flu.
His latest setback means he'll be starting the new campaign from scratch and will be looking to kick on before Christmas as he will be confident of being in Luis Enrique's plans for next year's European Championships with Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Doctors warn CDC to advise about vaccine side effects
- coronavirus Stimulus checks Second stimulus check: which proposals have been unsuccessfully discussed?
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 on Black Friday: restocks times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Burlington, Zara, North Face & Under Armour
- US NEWS Why has Trump pardoned Michael Flynn?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair & TJ Maxx