Mexico 2-2 Algeria: international friendly
Mexico and Algeria draw 2-2 in the international friendly played at the Cars Jeans Stadion, The Hague on 13 October. El Tri has not lost in 11 games.
Mexico and Algeria drew 2-2 in their second game of the October FIFA international break. The African champions played with 10-man since the 55th minute of the second half and El Tri was unable to take advantage of having one more player at The Hague on Tuesday.
Late goals in the second half
The game started with a lot of possession amongst each team and very few shots on goal. It was not until the 43-minute that Raúl Jiménez found ‘Tecatito’ Corona inside the box and the No.17 chipped the ball over the goalkeeper to score the first goal of the game.
Algeria had a quick reaction because Ismael Bennacer shot a cannon from outside the box just before stoppage time to equalize the game before the referee blew the whistle and both teams returned to their locker rooms with the score tied 1-1.
10-man Algeria was more dangerous
Second half started with Algeria being more offensive and implementing high-pressure to recover the ball quickly. The African champion was being very aggressive in trying to recover the ball that at the 55-minute Guedioura would tackle Raúl Jiménez and he picked up his second yellow card, leaving Algeria with 10-man.
That didn’t stop Algeria from being dangerous in the counter attack and at the 67-minute Riyad Mahrez would receive the ball inside the box and score the second goal of the match. Mexico coach Gerardo Martinez made some substitutions that would pay off.
Diego Lainez came in replacing Rodolfo Pizarro to change the course of the game. In the 86-minute Raúl Jiménez lobbed the ball to Diego Lainez who did a half volley to beat Algeria’s goalkeeper and the Real Betis player drew the game for Mexico.
After the game Mexico coach Gerardo Martino said he was satisfied with the tour in Europe and he will now prepare the next friendly that will be against South Korea in Austria on 14 November 2020.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?