Atlanta United the MLS team to have earned the most from transfers
Atlanta United was founded on 16 April 2014 and they are doing a great job selling players. So far they have received more than $50 million in transfers.
Atlanta United bosses keep smiling every time the transfer window opens in the different leagues around the world. The Major League Soccer team joined the league in 2017 and each year they keep selling players at a very good price. In three years they have received more than $50 million in transfers.
Major League Soccer keeps improving and in the recent past they have sold several players to European leagues and younger players are deciding to try luck in the league. The last two big superstars to arrive were Javier Hernández (LA Galaxy) and Gonzalo Higuaín (Inter Miami) this season.
- United States of America
The team that has received more money in transfers
Atlanta United was founded in 2014 and made their debut season in 2017. One year after their debut they won the 2018 MLS Cup and since then they have always been amongst the top contenders to lift the title year after year.
According to Transfermarkt the average age of players sold this year by Atlanta United is 24.4 years of age and the total market value of departures is $19.83 million. Between 2017 and today the franchise has received a total of $53.13 million, the biggest amount in Major League Soccer.
Two of the biggest transfers in MLS history are from Atlanta United. The Five Stripes bought Miguel Almirón for $7.5 million and sold him to Newcastle United for $24 million. The second one is Gonzalo Martínez, who was sold to Al-Nassr for $16.3 million.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 25 July
- HEALTHCARE What is the Candida auris 'superbug' fungal infection spreading in the US? What are the symptoms?
- US NEWS What is critical race theory? What topics were cut under Texas’ new anti-CRT education bill?
- Concacaf Gold Cup USA vs Jamaica live: 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup Quarter-final online
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Katie Ledecky medals, swimming finals, medal count results today July 25
- Olympic Games Tokyo Olympics 2021: When does Team USA Gymnastics and Simone Biles compete? dates and times