Raúl Jiménez admits he wanted to extend his stay at Wolves
The Mexican striker signed a contract extension with Wolves until 2024 and the fan favourite is committed to making history in the Premier League.
Raúl Jiménez scored 17 goals in 38 Premier League matches last season and even though he signed a contract extension with Wolves until 2024, he admits that in football anything can happen. The Mexican striker is enjoying his time at Molineux and he is committed scoring more goals this season.
The 29-year-old continues to “keep doors open” amid rumours of several big clubs in Europe being keen on landing him. “I am happy here, but you always have to keep doors open for everything. It’s going to be like this for all the transfer windows,” Jiménez told Sky Sports.
“If I stay I’m very happy and I’m going to keep playing the same. If I have to leave, well it’s going to be part of it. We are professional football players and it is part of our life ,” he added.
What is next for Wolves?
Wolves face Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds United on matchday 5 of the Premier League. Currently they are in 15th place with six points. It has been a tough start to the season for the midlands club, who are aiming to qualify for the Champions League or Europa League at the end of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby