Raúl Jiménez nets 33rd Premier League goal for Wolves
Wolves won their second consecutive game after defeating Leeds United through a Raúl Jiménez second half strike at Elland Road on Monday night.
Raúl Jiménez came to the rescue to give Wolverhampton Wanderers an impressive away victory against Leeds United at Elland Road. The 29-year-old has now scored a total of 33 goals in the Premier League for Wolves in 81 appearances and he has become one of the best strikers in the league since arriving in July 2019.
🇲🇽 The matchwinner— Wolves (@Wolves) October 20, 2020
🐺 The boss
⭐️ The man of the match
Only a small selection of players have scored more than 30 goals in less than two years in the Premier League. Raúl Jiménez joins Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham) and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) who also have made this list.
Sterling scored 35, Harry Kane 34 and Aubameyang 31 goals in the same amount of time as Raúl Jiménez who has 33 in the Premier League. Wolves welcome Newcastle United at Molineux in their next Premier League fixture.
Jiménez is chasing after Chicharito’s record
So far Jiménez has netted three times in five appearances this season. If he remains with Wolves until 2024 he could beat Javier Hernández's record, who scored a total of 53 goals during his time at Manchester United and West Ham.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a payment coming? IRS tax return deadline, Child Tax Credit
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...
- Serie A Ronaldo will lead Juve exodus without Champions League - Vieri
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid boss Zidane: Sometimes a change is best for everyone
- BOXING Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul: PPV cost and how to buy
- NBA Doc Rivers: top seed part of journey to ultimate goal for 76ers