Manchester United to move for Leipzig's Upamecano - rumour has it
Premier League giants Manchester United are reportedly eyeing a swoop for RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano.
Dayot Upamecano's performances for RB Leipzig have to led to plenty of interest in the defender, who signed a new contract at the Bundesliga side this summer.
Manchester United have been linked with Upamecano previously, and are reportedly plotting a move for the France international once more.
TOP STORY – UNITED WANT UPAMECANO
United will pursue a cut-price deal for Upamecano, according to The Times.
United have been keen to bolster their defence and the Red Devils were previously linked to France centre-back Upamecano, who has also caught the eye of the likes of Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Upamecano penned a new Leipzig deal in July, though the contract reportedly includes a release clause of around 42m euros at the end of the season.
United take on Leipzig in the Champions League on Wednesday evening.
ROUND-UP: ALABA, DEMBÉLÉ...
- Bild reports a third round of negotiations regarding a new contract for Bayern star David Alaba failed. Alaba will become a free agent at the end of the season. Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City and Barça are believed to be interested.
- Milan are interested in Schalke centre-back Ozan Kabak and Hellas Verona's Matteo Lovato, claims Gazzetta dello Sport. Kabak has also been linked to Premier League champions Liverpool.
- Tuttosport reports Barça and Juventus could be involved in another swap deal. After exchanging Miralem Pjanic and Arthur at the start of the season, Juve's Federico Bernardeschi and Barça forward Ousmane Dembélé could also move in opposite directions.
- Barça could raid PSV for Donyell Malen as an alternative to Lyon captain Memphis Depay, according to Mundo Deportivo. The Catalans tried to sign Depay in the previous transfer window but a move did not material as his contract expires at season's end.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'