Mexico friendlies in doubt after Austria covid lockdown
Austria imposed a second lockdown after coronavirus cases spiked over the past two weeks, leading the government to cancel all sporting events.
The Chancellor of Austria, Sebastian Kurz, has imposed a second lockdown in the country in response to a sharp increase in coronavirus cases with a curfew in place from 8 pm to 6 am. Restaurants will only be allowed to operate takeaway services and venues such as gyms, museums, theaters and stadiums will be closed until further notice.
The new measures will apply from Tuesday until the end of November
📄 | NOTA— Selección Nacional (@miseleccionmx) October 13, 2020
¡¿Qué?! ¿Más fútbol ⚽? 🤩 🤩 🇲🇽 🇲🇽
¡En noviembre nos volveremos a ver cuando enfrentemos a 🇰🇷 en partido de preparación! 🙌🏻 🙌🏻
Detalles. 👉🏻 https://t.co/sUizQrXaTI #PasiónyOrgullo | #FMFporNuestroFútbol pic.twitter.com/OWVno9lLx0
Mexico’s national team last month announced two friendlies in Austria during the November international break, against South Korea and Japan.
Due to the new lockdown El Tri will now be forced to find a new venue for the games or they will have to cancel them due to the ongoing pandemic.
With new measures in place in several European countries due to the spike in covid-19 cases, it remains uncertain if players based outside the continent will be able to travel to Europe during the international break. Mexico has not released an official statement on the matter yet.
Mexico were scheduled to play South Korea on 14 November and Japan three days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- DONALD TRUMP Trump lands in Florida: what will he do next?
- Olympic Games Japan accepts Olympic Games will be cancelled
- CORNELLÀ 0-2 BARCELONA Koeman: "No Barça player should miss two penalties in the same match"
- US NEWS Amazon offer to help Biden administration with Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates: Biden plan, when could it arrive