Sergio Ramos: "We took a chance and it paid off"
Real Madrid's captain made it 2-0 from a set-piece in a win which keeps their Champions League ambitions alive: "It was a final. A game of life or death".
Sergio Ramos was on target for Real Madrid once again on Tuesday. The team suffered and only just beat Inter Milan in a game they needed to win to have any realistic chance of progressing to the next round of the Champions League. The captain spoke to Movistar Liga de Campeones after the game.
Goal from a corner: “We knew from what Handanovic said that they had been studying our corner set-pieces with Toni finding me, but the more we can continue to surprise our rivals, the better. They know what they are doing, they have a very defined philosophy and they made the most of that. It's a good result, and three points in a group that had started to look complicated for us”
Relief: “When you win, your spirits are lifted and all of those doubts that occur when you lose disappear. We had to haul ourselves out of the position we were in, it was a final, a game of life or death”.
Tense moments: “When your opponents equalise, you have to respond, go on the attack… We took a chance and it paid off. We let our lead slip and very nearly paid the price but we made amends”
100 goals: “It's not bad, it's nice that the achievement is recognised. It's not a figure which defenders usually get to. Hopefully there'll be many more”.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen