USA elections 2020 results in North Carolina: who has won popular and college vote?
President Donald Trump holds a slight lead over Joe Biden with more than 94% of the votes reported. Trump is forecasted to win out once all votes are counted.
Trump won North Carolina in 2016 and forecasts predict he will claim victory again once all votes are counted. But, indeed, nothing is a certainty in the state, where mail ballots postmarked by Election Day are accepted until 12 November.
NC has been one by a Democratic candidate on just two occasions since the state swung red in 1968 -- Jimmy Carter in 1976 and Barack Obama in 2008.
North Carolina popular vote result
Of the more than 5.45 million votes reported in Georgia, here is how the popular vote has gone so far:
Donald Trump (Rep): 2,732,084 votes (50.1%)
Joe Biden (Dem): 2,655,383 votes (48.7%)
Jo Jorgensen (Lib): 47,215 votes (0.9%)
In 2016 in North Carolina, Trump beat Hillary Clinton, taking 2,362,631 votes (49.83%), while Clinton secured 2,189,316 votes (46.17%).
North Carolina electoral college result
The winner of North Carolina will take 15 electoral college votes. As things stand overall, Joe Biden is leading with 248 electoral college votes, with Trump on 214.
US Elections: AS live coverage
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win