USA elections 2020 results in Georgia: who has won popular and college vote?
Joe Biden is now marginally ahead of Donald Trump in Georgia with 99% of votes reported. The winner of the state will take a significant 16 electoral college votes.
With Biden only marginally ahead and few ballots left to be counted, Georgia's state secretary, Brad Raffensberger, announced later on Friday that the slim margin between the two candidates meant a recount in the state should be expected.
Gabriel Sterling, George's voting system implementation manager, told reporters: "We are literally looking at a margin of less than a large high school."
A Democratic candidate has not won in Georgia since 1992.
Georgia popular vote results
Of the nearly five million votes reported in Georgia, here is how the popular vote has gone as of 09:00 ET on Saturday, according to AP:
Joe Biden (Dem): 2,461,455 votes (49.5%)
Donald Trump (Rep): 2,454,207 votes (49.3%)
Jo Jorgensen (Lib): 61,792 votes (1.2%)
In 2016 in Georgia, Trump beat Hillary Clinton with a comfortable 5-point margin. Trump won 2,089,104 votes (50.44%), while Clinton secured 1,877,963 votes (45.45%).
Georgia electoral college result
The winner of Georgia will take 16 electoral college votes. As things stand overall, Joe Biden is leading with 264 electoral college votes, with Trump on 214.
US Elections: AS live coverage
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- 2030 WORLD CUP Johnson backs UK bid for 2030 World Cup, offers stadiums for Euro 2020
- SERIE A The things that Georgina prohibits Cristiano from doing at home
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 Third stimulus check: when is it coming in March?
- BARCELONA FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
- NBA NBA: Harden triple-double leads Nets to win, Zion stuns Jazz