Alphonso Davies ranks among top 10 most expensive players in the world
Alphonso Davies has seen his market value grow to €133.5 million in the latest CIES football observatory valuations to put him in the world's top ten.
Alphonso Davies had a breakthrough season last year and became arguably one of the best left-backs in the world, helping Bayern Munich to win the Champions League.
While last year he was usually in Bayern’s starting XI, this season things have changed as coach Hansi Flick has opted to start Lucas Hernández in the majority of the games. When asked about the 20-year-old, Flick said his level dipped compared to last season.
Davies suffered an ankle injury in Bayern Munich’s match day 5 of the Bundelisga and he is expected to return in 5-6 weeks. Currently he is in rehabilitation but there is some good news for the 20-year-old.
100 million dollar footballer
On 3 November the CIES Football Observatory released its biannual transfer value list and ranked Alphonso Davies in the top 10. The Canadian is in the No. 9 position with a value of €133.5 million. Davies is the youngest footballer in the top 20 ahead of Erling Haaland, who is in No.15.
In the No. 1 position is Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappé, who has an estimated worth of $393 million. The World Cup winner is still very young and his contract with PSG ends in 2023, with speculation that Real Madrid will sign him next season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online