Odegaard returns to Real Madrid squad for Mestalla trip
Zidane included the Norwegian who is now over his calf muscle problem, in a 20-man list for Sunday's game at Valencia. Hazard, Casemiro and Militao are omitted.
The return of Martin Ødegaard was the surprise in Zidane's squad list for Real Madrid's visit to Mestalla. The Norwegian midfielder last featured in a list on 4 October, when he played just one minute of th 0-2 win at Levante. He hasn't appeared in the starting XI since 26 September when Madrid beat Betis 2-3 - a knee injury and a calf muscle problem have kept him out of the side.
Zidane is expected to give Ødegaard a run-out against Valencia but not from the start. On Monday, he will be joining up with the Norway squad for three games - a friendly against Israel on 11 November and two Nations League games against Romania and Austria.
Elsewhere, Hazard, Casemiro and Militão have been excluded from the list after testing positive for Covid-19 and will have to spend 10 days in quarantine.
Mariano, who does not figure in Zidane's plans and has yet to play this season, has been included for the third consecutive game after being on the bench against Huesca and Inter.
Real Madrid squad:
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Lunin and Altube.
Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Mendy, Lucas Vázquez and Sergio Santos.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modrić, Valverde, Odegaard and Isco.
Forwards: Benzema, Asensio, Jovic, Vinicius, Mariano and Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?