Odegaard returns to Real Madrid squad for Mestalla trip
Zidane included the Norwegian who is now over his calf muscle problem, in a 20-man list for Sunday's game at Valencia. Hazard, Casemiro and Militao are omitted.
The return of Martin Ødegaard was the surprise in Zidane's squad list for Real Madrid's visit to Mestalla. The Norwegian midfielder last featured in a list on 4 October, when he played just one minute of th 0-2 win at Levante. He hasn't appeared in the starting XI since 26 September when Madrid beat Betis 2-3 - a knee injury and a calf muscle problem have kept him out of the side.
Zidane is expected to give Ødegaard a run-out against Valencia but not from the start. On Monday, he will be joining up with the Norway squad for three games - a friendly against Israel on 11 November and two Nations League games against Romania and Austria.
Elsewhere, Hazard, Casemiro and Militão have been excluded from the list after testing positive for Covid-19 and will have to spend 10 days in quarantine.
Mariano, who does not figure in Zidane's plans and has yet to play this season, has been included for the third consecutive game after being on the bench against Huesca and Inter.
Real Madrid squad:
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Lunin and Altube.
Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Mendy, Lucas Vázquez and Sergio Santos.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modrić, Valverde, Odegaard and Isco.
Forwards: Benzema, Asensio, Jovic, Vinicius, Mariano and Rodrygo.
Recommended in English
- UFC Francis Ngannou vs Ciryl Gane Heavyweight title: fight card, TV and how to watch online
- NFL Andy Reid: Willie Gay Jr. to star against Bills following arrest
- NFL 49ers vs Packers: times, TV and how to watch online
- NFL | HALL OF FAME Which NFL team has the most Hall of Famers?
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL How did Aaron Rodgers respond to Joe Biden's vaccine criticism?