Formula 1: Saudi Arabia set for debut as 2021 calendar unveiled
Formula 1 revealed its 2021 Grand Prix calendar on Tuesday, featuring a record 23 races. They include a first ever GP in Saudi Arabia.
Formula 1 unveiled its 2021 race calendar on Tuesday, with Saudi Arabia set to host a Grand Prix for the first time in its history and a Vietnamese race ruled out. The calendar comprises a record 23 races as it's the first time that a Formula 1 season includes more than 21 rounds.
Saudi Arabia - race number 22 of the 2021 season - is set to take place between 26 and 28 November in Jeddah and will be followed by the race in Abu Dhabi, which is scheduled between 3 and 5 December.
However, Vietnam's race that was supposed to take place in April has been ruled out of the season's calendar due to the consequences of the covid-19 pandemic. A street race in the capital Hanoi was set to make its debut this year before it was called off because of the pandemic situation in the country.
The 2021 season gets underway on 21 March in Australia, reaching the end line on 5 December with the last race in Abu Dhabi.
F1 announced in a statement that following talks with the countries hosting the races, it's confident they can manage to hold the 2021 events unless the global pandemic situation takes a much worse turn.
"Formula 1 and the FIA put in place robust health and safety measures to allow the revised 2020 season to restart and run effectively. Our hosts for 2021 are reassured by our safe return to racing this season and confident that the plans and procedures we have in place will allow us to return to a level of normality for the 2021 season," the statement said.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?