Fiorentina sack Iachini and appoint Prandelli as head coach
Giuseppe Iachini has been sacked as head coach by Fiorentina, with the Serie A club appointing Cesare Prandelli in his place on Monday.
Cesare Prandelli returns for a second spell in Florence, having coached Fiorentina between 2005 and 2010, and will have the task of reviving the club's fortunes as they are 12th in the standings after two wins from seven games this season.
"I want to personally thank Beppe Iachini who, in the most difficult moment of last season, has dragged and guided the team," club president Rocco Commisso said.
"Unfortunately, the current results require a change of technical guidance.
"I also want to give my personal welcome to Mister Prandelli. We believe that his skills, his professional history and his humanity, recognised and appreciated by the whole world of football, make Prandelli the best person to sit on the Viola bench."
Fiorentina did not confirm the length of Prandelli's contract but said he will be presented to the media on Tuesday
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up