USWNT to face Netherlands on 27 November in World Cup final rematch
The last time both national teams met was in the 2019 World Cup final when the United States won the game to lift the trophy.
After a long layoff the United States women’s national team will return to the pitch to face Netherlands on 27 November at the Rat Verlegh Stadium in Breda. This will be the USWNT's first game since March and the last time both national teams faced each other was in the 2019 World Cup final.
"First, everyone is just really excited to have an international match. That it's against the Netherlands makes it even better and more challenging. We had to get back on the field for a real game at some point, so it might as well be against one of the best teams in the world,” head coach Vlatko Andonovski said in a statement.
"We have a lot of work to do before the Olympics and facing a really talented Dutch team will give us a good look at where we are at the end of this very unusual year,” added Andonovski.
Possible return of Alex Morgan
The wait is 𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 over!— U.S. Soccer WNT (@USWNT) November 15, 2020
🇳🇱 vs. 🇺🇸 | Friday | Nov. 27 pic.twitter.com/wvqlShUJZr
Andonovski hasn't yet confirmed the squad but it is possible that Alex Morgan will be included in the USWNT roster with the team due to train for six days in Netherlands prior to the match. When the United States defeated the Netherlands in the 2019 World Cup final Megan Rapinoe and Rose Lavelle scored to secure a 2-0 victory.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'