Sergiño Dest a doubt for Barcelona-Osasuna
According to Catalunya Radio the United States international has some muscular issues and he could miss the game against Osasuna on Sunday.
Ronald Koeman, FC Barcelona’s coach, has a big ‘headache’ due to the injuries on defense this past couple of weeks. Sergi Roberto and Gerard Pique are out for months and the new signing this summer, Sergiño Dest, was called to become an important player on defense. Unfortunately he could miss tomorrow’s clash against Osasuna for La Liga.
According to Catalunya Radio, the United States international has some muscular discomfort that may force him to sit out the matchday 11 clash against Osasuna at the Camp Nou on 29 November. This may force Ronald Koeman to play Frankie de Jong as center-back and include Oscar Mingueza in the line-up.
Not everything is bad news for FC Barcelona though as Sergi Busquets is expected to be fit for tomorrow’s game against Osasuna. The veteran player suffered a knee injury, but it seems he is good-to-go for the game and would play alongside Miralem Pjanic in the center-midfield.
A bad start this season in La Liga
FC Barcelona dominating their UEFA Champions League group having already clinched a place in the round of 16, but in La Liga the story is somewhat different. Barcelona languish in fourteenth place with 11 points and in 8 games they have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 4.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS SJ Earthquakes' Javier 'Chofis' López struggled to adapt to MLS
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Wednesday 23 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's candidates for a leader in the post-Ramos era
- FOOTBALL Sergio Ramos: Neymar key as PSG lead race for Real Madrid great
- NBA NBA: Bucks aim to take down Hawks in battle for the East
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: Detroit Pistons win top pick