Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
The former heavyweight champions confessed to smoking marijuana ahead of Saturday's bout against Jones which ended in a draw.
Mike Tyson showed age has not robbed him of his power as the former heavyweight champion, in his long-awaited return to the ring, dominated Roy Jones Jr. in an exhibition fight on Saturday in Los Angeles that was surprisingly ruled a draw.
While there were no ringside judges to score the eight-round contest between two of boxing's all-time greats, both over 50, and no official winner, the World Boxing Council formed a set of judges that remotely scored the bout.
"I'm used to doing it for three minutes," 54-year-old Tyson said of the shorter rounds. "Sometimes, that two minutes felt like three minutes. I'm happy I got this under my belt to keep doing this and go further."
'Iron' Mike also confessed to smoking a joint ahead of the Staples Centre fight in the press conference stating: "Of course I smoked marijuana before the bout, I smoke it everyday and have never stopped doing so. The 54-year-old has been selling cannabis products since 2016 in a California business dubbed the 'Tyson Ranch' which has reportedly seen the boxing great earn $500,000 per month.
It's who I am
Tyson stated upon being asked about a pre-fight puff: "Absolutely, yes, I can’t stop smoking," he said. "I smoked during fights. I just have to smoke, I’m sorry. I’m a smoker. … I smoke everyday. I never stopped smoking."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live