Maradona-inspired kit unveiled by Napoli in clash vs. Roma
Both Napoli and kit manufacturer Kappa conceived the idea of a Diego Maradona-inspired jersey last year with the 'albiceleste' shirt making its debut on Sunday.
Another element to the tribute from the Italian side as a new fourth kit inspired by Maradona and Argentina – a project which was conceived last year by Italian sportswear company Kappa and the club with the shirt making its debut last night in the Serie A win over AS Roma.
A Napoli statement read: "A year ago, together with Kappa, we thought of designing a special jersey that echoes Diego Maradona, his beloved Argentina and the close-knit bond with the people of Naples. "Our hope was that Diego would be able to see it, perhaps even wear it and share in our excitement about it.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness