Maradona-inspired kit unveiled by Napoli in clash vs. Roma
Both Napoli and kit manufacturer Kappa conceived the idea of a Diego Maradona-inspired jersey last year with the 'albiceleste' shirt making its debut on Sunday.
Another element to the tribute from the Italian side as a new fourth kit inspired by Maradona and Argentina – a project which was conceived last year by Italian sportswear company Kappa and the club with the shirt making its debut last night in the Serie A win over AS Roma.
A Napoli statement read: "A year ago, together with Kappa, we thought of designing a special jersey that echoes Diego Maradona, his beloved Argentina and the close-knit bond with the people of Naples. "Our hope was that Diego would be able to see it, perhaps even wear it and share in our excitement about it.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan