Columbus Crew reports another case of coronavirus
The Major League Soccer final will be played on Saturday 12 December and prior to that game Columbus Crew has reported a positive case of coronavirus.
The coronavirus pandemic keeps affecting the clubs in Major League Soccer since the 2020 season resumed. The final is scheduled to be played between Columbus Crew and Seattle Sounders on 12 December at the MAPFRE Stadium. The teams have to constantly get tested to avoid any spread of the virus and unfortunately today a positive case of covid-19 was reported.
“Crew SC confirmed one positive COVID-19 case involving a player following testing this week while no additional confirmed positives for players or staff were returned following two days of testing results on Monday and additional testing results returned Tuesday night,” the club said in a statement.
Since 22 November Columbus Crew SC has reported nine players that tested positive for coronavirus and six of them have been cleared to resume training ahead of the final game. Last week the Crew had to close down their locker room and gym facilities and they moved training to their Obetz facility to stop the spread of covid-19.
1,500 people will attend the game
The MAPFRE Stadium can host 22,000 people, but due to the pandemic they have to limit their capacity to 1,500 in addition to families and guests players, coaches and staff. The Gov. of Ohio, Mike DeWine, signed a health order back in August that allowed the Crew to open their stadium up to 15% capacity.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher