Alarm bells for PSG as Neymar is stretchered off in tears
The Brazilian striker was stretchered off in time added on as PSG faced Lyon in Paris with OL's Thiago Mendes awarded a red card for the foul.
Bad news for PSG and Brazilian forward Neymar as once again the player was victim of a reckless challenge at the end of Sunday night's Ligue 1 clash in Paris.
The striker who has been in fine form recently was on the receiving end of a rash challenge from Thiago Mendes with the game in time added on at the Parc des Princes.
The Olympique Lyon player was given his marching orders following a VAR review after the player caught Neymar's ankle. The PSG striker was in clear pain and had to leave the pitch on a stretcher and was in a state of distress with early reports suggesting an ankle break.
PSG lost the game 0-1 and surrendered their lead at the top of the Ligue 1 table as Lille and Lyon now lead the way.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What businesses accept payment with cryptocurrencies in the US?
- NFL How many times have the Los Angeles Rams reached the NFC NFL Conference Finals?
- NFL How many times have Cincinnati Bengals reached AFC Championship Game?
- SOCCER Cristiano Ronaldo complains about market valuation and asks for an explanation
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Spotify seal deal for Camp Nou naming rights
- 'I thought I was dreaming!' – Warriors star Wiggins reacts to All-Star selection