LAFC is the first team to eliminate three Liga MX clubs
The Los Angeles Football Club did the unthinkable and in the 2020 Concacaf Champions League tournament they have eliminated Club León, Cruz Azul and Club América.
The Los Angeles Football Club have done the unthinkable, eliminating three Liga MX giants in the 2020 Concacaf Champions League tournament. Since their debut in 2018, LAFC have become one of the best teams in Major League Soccer and in 2019 they won the Supporters’ Shield, their first trophy in their short history.
Impressive title run from LAFC
Since they were the top seeded team in all MLS last season, they automatically qualified for the 2020 edition of the Concachampions. They have failed to reach the MLS Cup finals in their first three seasons, but in their debut in Concacaf Champions League they did it after eliminating Club América on Saturday night.
Prior to defeating the maximum winner of the tournament, LAFC defeated Club León with an aggregate of 3-2 in the round of 16 back in February. Then the MLS side defeated Cruz Azul last week in the quarterfinals in a single-elimination match with a final score of 2-1.
The three Mexican teams mentioned before combine for a total of 13 Concachampions titles and 16 finals played. LAFC became the first team to eliminate three Liga MX clubs in this tournament and they could make it four if they defeat Tigres UANL in the final on 22 December.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?