USMNT striker Josh Sargent finds the back of the net for Werder Bremen
The 20-year-old United States international scored his second goal for Werder Bremen in the DFB Pokal in the teams 3-0 victory against Hannover 96.
Josh Sargent made his second start for Werder Bremen in the DFB Pokal and scored his second goal of the tournament in consecutive matches. In the first round he scored in Bremen’s 2-0 victory against Carl Zeiss Jena on 12 September. In the second round of the tournament, Bremen had to face Hannover 96 and the USMNT striker scored again in the teams’ 3-0 victory.
Man of the match
In minute 32 of the game, with Werder Bremen leading 1-0, Nikolas Moisander gave Sargent a through ball and as he entered the box he shot it with his left foot from close range to find the back of the net. After the match he was awarded with the Man of the Match award as the team advanced to the next round of the DFB Pokal.
The last time Josh Sargent scored a goal was on 31 October against Eintracht Frankfurt for the Bundesliga in 12 appearances this season. Now Werder Bremen will prepare for their league game against Union Berlin on 2 January 2021 for matchday 14. Currently they are in 13th place with 14 points.
The 20-year-old striker was not called to the United States men’s national team in the international breaks of October and November because the coronavirus protocols in Bremen prevented players from leaving the country and returning without a strict quarantine period. The last time he played for the USMNT was in November 2019 for the CONCACAF Nations League.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands