Mourinho's sly dig at so-called 'best league in the world'
Jose Mourinho outlined his frustrations with the Premier League amid reports Tottenham's clash with Fulham had been postponed.
José Mourinho sarcastically labelled the Premier League "the best in the world" as Tottenham awaited news on whether their clash with Fulham will go ahead. Shortly after it was confirmed that the game would be postponed.
Late cancellation gets Mou mocking
The match at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium was due to kick off at 18:00 GMT but had been placed in doubt after Fulham returned a number of positive coronavirus tests.
Amid widespread reports the game will not go ahead, Spurs boss Mourinho took to social media four hours ahead of the scheduled start time to air his frustration at the lack of any update from league officials.
"Match at 6pm... We still don't know if we play. Best league in the world," he posted on Instagram.
The Premier League revealed 18 new positive covid-19 cases among players and staff on Tuesday - the highest weekly total since the pandemic took hold.
Manchester City's trip to Everton on Monday was called off four hours before kick-off after a coronavirus outbreak in the visitors' camp.
The Toffees were unhappy with the decision and released a statement requesting full disclosure of all the information submitted by City to the Premier League.
It became the second Premier League match to be postponed because of coronavirus after Newcastle United's visit to Aston Villa earlier this month.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates