Chelsea's Christian Pulisic is a 'danger to most teams' - Cascarino
The former footballer has hailed the quality of the United States international and according to him, Pulisic is better out on the left than Timo Werner.
Christian Pulisic appears to have reached full fitness after recovering from a hamstring injury, but he has failed to score a goal in his last four consecutive starts. Even though he is having a tough season due to three injuries, he is looking better game-after-game and according to Tony Cascarino, Pulisic has all the qualities to help Chelsea this season.
“Pulisic coming back is massive. I think he’s a fantastic player. I really think he’s a danger to most teams,” Cascarino told talkSPORT.
Werner and Pulisic are not compatible
Another point of view that the former Irish football player sees is how Chelsea manager Frank Lampard is using Christian Pulisic. Cascarino has pointed out that we see Pulisic at his best when he plays on the left-wing, a position that is currently being occupied by Timo Werner, Chelsea’s new signing for this season.
“Werner is blistering quick, his touch is not exceptional, he’s not technically bad, but not great… he can’t play centre-forward on his own. He just can’t because he can’t lead a line or bring players into play. He has to play off the left side of someone.
“The problem Frank has is that Pulisic was probably Chelsea’s most dangerous forward and he looked very lively [versus Villa] and always wanted to get on the left. Pulisic is a better left-sided player than Werner in the way Chelsea play. It’s one of Frank’s biggest challenges he has got over the next few games,” he added.
Christian Pulisic has adapted quickly to the Premier League and Chelsea since arriving in 2019. The United States international has scored 13 goals and given 10 assists in 44 appearances in all competitions.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother